Frontline Top Spot
Every pet owner is aware that blood-sucking parasites may cause great discomfort to their pets. Little they know these pests don’t just suck up their pet’s blood but their presence alone can land not just their pets in the veterinary emergency room but humans as well.
But pets and their owners don’t have to suffer parasite infestations for long. Merial Limited, a world-renowned animal health company provided a great topical medication Frontline Top Spot. This OTC medicine is proven-effective in eliminating blood-sucking pests such as chewing lice, fleas and ticks including the Lyme disease carrier, deer tick.
How does Frontline Top Spot work? Fipronil is one of Frontline Top Spot’s active ingredients. Once the solution is applied, it is stored in the animal’s oil glands located underneath the skin. Its effectivity lasts for a month providing month-long protection against fleas, ticks and lice.
Frontline Top Spot is an OTC (over-the-counter) type of medicine. OTC medicines are generally safe and don’t require prescription from health providers. Frontline Top Spot is indeed one of the leading over-the-counter topical tick and flea medication because of its numerous benefits:
- It’s versatile. This product can be used both in felines and canines even in their young as long as it is 8 weeks of age or older.
- It eradicates hard to eliminate blood-sucking parasites such as chewing lice and ticks.
- It breaks the parasite’s life cycle- a great way of preventing recurrence of parasite infestation.
- It’s long-lasting. Protection can last the entire month.
- It’s waterproof. The solution is stored underneath the skin so the protection is still in effect after swimming, bathing or grooming.
- It’s safe. The product is highly recommended by vets.
- It’s easy to apply. The product comes in an easy-to-apply liquid so application is a breeze.
Application of Frontline Top Spot is as easy as 1-2-3. First, remove the applicator from the package. Snap the tip. Apply it on the pet’s hair to the skin located between the shoulder blades. Then, apply the applicator’s contents in a single spot of the animal’s skin. Each applicator is good for one treatment only. After application, bathing or swimming is not allowed. This move is very important to allow the medication dry fully and achieve optimum results. No need to reapply within 30-day period. Temporary irritation in the application site may occur. If it persists, call your animal health-provider immediately.
Parasite protection should be one of pet owner’s top priorities. But it is also important to use a product that can provide utmost protection against blood-sucking parasites. Choose Frontline Top Spot, your pet’s first line of defense against blood-hungry parasites.